Help choose your team's throwback uniform!
Want to help decide which throwback uniform your team is going to wear next?
Vote here! Each poll takes 15 seconds to complete.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Minnesota Twins Franchise History - A Fan's Essentials
1. Minnesota Twins – The Team Name The franchise was established in 1901 as a founding member of the American League. The team has been known as:
Washington Nationals/Senators 1901-1960
Minnesota Twins 1961-Present
Note: Beginning in 1901 the team was called the Nationals but because there had been a previous team in Washington called the Senators, for decades many fans continued to call the team the Senators even though they were the Nationals.
2. Minnesota Twins – The Championship Record
Three World Series Championships:
1924 defeated NY Giants 4 games to 3
1987 defeated St. Louis Cardinals 4 games to 3
1991 defeated Atlanta Braves 4 games to 3
Six American League Pennants:
1924 92 wins -62 losses
1925 96 wins -55 losses
1933 99 wins -53 losses
1965 102 wins -60 losses
1987 85 wins -77 losses
1991 95 wins -67 losses
3. Minnesota Twins – Home Stadium History
1. American League Park, Washington
2. National Park / Griffith Stadium, Washington
3. Metropolitan Stadium, Bloomington MN
4. Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, Minneapolis
5. Target Field, MInneapolis
4. For more information on the Twins, you should bookmark these two great websites:
For a huge amount of great historic information:
For great information about the team's ballparks:
5. Celebrate the Twins' uniform history by owning a piece of history:
If you love the Minnesota Twins and the history of the Twins franchise, you might really love to own an original piece of artwork celebrating the team's historic uniforms as seen in the poster at the top of this blog - you can actually own one of those original pieces of art! There are only 15 pieces of original art available for sale, and when these 15 are sold, that's it, they're all sold out.
These original watercolor paintings would make a great gift (birthday gift, anniversary gift, retirement gift, Christmas gift, etc.) for someone you love or even a great gift for yourself (one of these framed pieces would look fantastic in your home or office). Each piece can be bought one of three ways:
1. As unframed art that you could have framed or mounted yourself (the one on the left)
2. Framed in our "Classic" framed version (the middle version)
3. Framed in our "Deluxe" framed version (the version on the right)
If you would like more information about this great artwork including the three ways you could purchase each piece, please visit our Minnesota Twins YouTube video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_z0dNM0H_M or go directly to the artwork website www.heritagesportsart.com/Minnesota-Twins-c149/ where you can see and purchase the artwork.
And if someone you know loves the history of sports uniforms (but maybe another team) and loves great art, please let them know that we have over 1500 pieces of great original artwork for sale at www.heritagesportsart.com (all NFL teams, all MLB teams, all NHL teams, all CFL teams, select NCAA football teams) or check out each team's video at the Heritage Sports Art YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/user/ssillcox
And please search my blog archive http://heritagejerseys.blogspot.com/ for other blogs on the history of the Twins.
This text was written by Scott Sillcox and was last updated August 22, 2010. I have tried to ensure the accuracy of the information, but I am human and can make mistakes. If you believe I have made a mistake, please let me know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org !